Tuesday 17 July 2012

Day 198 - HERO


he·ro/ˈhi(ə)rō/

Noun
  1. A person, typically a man, who is admired for courage or noble qualities.
  2. The chief male character in a book, play, or movie, who is typically identified with good qualities

I thought all day yesterday about a person and came up with Winston Churchill, Marin Luther King, Simon Weston ( who was badly burned in the Falklands

Then I decided not to choose 1 particular person and to Google a photo but to show you this photo at Vimy Ridge Which was a tribute to Canadian soldiers who died in France in World War 1. If ever you get the chance it is a wonderful memorial as well as near some lovely walks to the Canadian tunnels
Pixie here is my bug!!

and here are the first photos of my tiles not grouted yesterday

 Richard working on the wall by the cooker hob
 and this morning

 We are really pleased with how they look!

A big thank you to Helen who as well as a fellow blogger is one of my team on UKS.  She got here husband to ring me re the i pad advice I needed and also to talk through why my computer is getting hot and keeps closing (and why I couldn't blog last night!!!)

6 comments:

  1. no need to thank us lynne...hope you get sorted, I missed your post.
    Lovely pictures and I like the kitchen, its coming on really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is really taking shape ! Oh and I love your bug !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the great post! I was curious what about your kitchen and why you miss. Really like your choice of theme - hero. BRAVO!
    /I also supposed to do such choices./

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is looking great, Lynne.

    I love your choice of heros. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a mgnificent memorial.. I will put it on my list for the next trip.. x

    ReplyDelete