Tuesday 17 September 2013

17th September Rain and birthday!

Today I am a year nearer another big 0 :( Only 2 more years !!
So birthday girl in rain and cold did some retail therapy with Peter in Windermere and Kendal and actually ate cake with coffee!! I did share with Peter and ate a bit of his scone too!!
Here we are first thing this am on our way out via the Tourist Info!

In Penrith I saw this shop, how old fashion is this Drapers,Costumers, Milleners shop11
On our way home it had stopped raining and a little blue sky appeared. Time for a photo shoot 



Hoping tomorrow will be dry and Peter can go fishing and then maybe pm we can go for a walk!!

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cake ! We were in the Lake District in 2003, that year it was soooo hot and we had Rhea with us and she was swimming in the lake to keep cool. Bless her. I love the surrounding, so pretty. Glad you are having a nice time, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome piece of cake!
    Once again - congratulations on your holiday - you're a lucky girl 34 * 2!
    Enjoy your vacation!
    Good luck for fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Photos. I hope it didn't rain for you today.
    I love Penrith. There is a great fabric shop in one of the back streets.
    I forgot your card on Sunday with getting the days mixed up. Birthday greeting though and it looks like you had a good day

    Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and I hope you have a wonderful birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! That cake makes my mouth water... You both look so lovely in the pictures. I hope some day you can visit Slovenia - it's very green and beautiful and warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. The area is beautiful! I hope you enjoyed your birthday. The cake looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday Lynne :D What a great way to spend the day in such beautiful surroundings. xx

    That cake is making me drool too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Birthday wishes Lynne. Looks like you had a lovely day. Hope the weather didn't spoil your time away too much. xx

    ReplyDelete