Friday 1 November 2013

1st November -Extra challenge week from Viv

I am missing my quote challenge out and doing Vivienne's challenge week now!

She has used a poem by Jenny Joseph called "Warning"   Click on this link to hear her read it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cACbzanitg

I remembered seeing a group of women on a cruise we went on several years ago all wearing purple and red hats and found the reason why in Wikapedia

The Red Hat Society is a social organization originally founded in 1998 in the United States for women age 50 and beyond, but now open to women of all ages. As of 2011, there were over 40,000 chapters in the United States and 30 other countries.
The founder of the Society is artist Sue Ellen Cooper, who lives in Fullerton, Orange County, California.
In 1997, Cooper gave a friend a 55th birthday gift consisting of a red bowler purchased at an antique store along with a copy of Jenny Joseph's poem "Warning”,  The opening lines of the poem read:
“When I am an old woman   I shall wear purple
With a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me.”


Cooper repeated the gift on request several times, and eventually several of the women bought purple outfits and held a tea party on April 25, 1998

Viv has asked us to think about what you would like to do or where you would like to be in the future.
What do you think?
It doesn’t have to be when you are old, just in your future, maybe even tomorrow or next week.
a dream holiday, a different house, new car, anything really.
She also suggests we could take photos this week of works in progress, Family, crafts, something in the home or at work. Whatever you think fits the bill.

Although we book holidays in advance I really don't normally think about the future especially next year.

So now I am off to think about what I can blog on this challenge with some photos :)  See you tomorrow x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the you tube showing of Jenny reading her poem. It was lovely to hear her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good challenge...Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I do like to plan for the future, I have some thoughts .

    ReplyDelete